Senior Consultant Datamanagement
Would you like to work on shaping tomorrow’s world? Contribute to ground-breaking innovations and developments in technology and science? Are you ambitious, passionate about data-driven work, do you like having freedom in your work and do you prefer to work together with others in an international and multidisciplinary environment?
Aardoom & de Jong is looking for a Senior Consultant Data management (DM) for Eindhoven University of Technology. As a Senior Consultant DM, you are asked to provide knowledge and experience with regard to strategic design choices for digital solutions & data management and to create support within the organization.
In this position the focus is set on strategic development of data management and BI in the entire University, with growing maturity on these disciplines as a result. You will work closely with colleagues who are responsible for the operational and tactical side of BI, GDM and RDM, within faculties and services at the university.
Your main goal is to set the strategic outlines for GDM and BI and to support the strategic outlines of RDM. You will be responsible for the perennial strategic roadmap for Business Intelligence, data governance en data management within the TU/e, and to advise the Board, directors, deans and other staff to work and steer more data driven from that vision.
You keep yourself well advised of new international developments within your discipline and you know how to translate these developments into new opportunities within TU/e. Examples are the application of data analytics, artificial intelligence, machine learning, big data en data governance.
You don’t have to be a jack of all trades, but we do expect that you bring along proven knowledge and experience of being capable to fulfil the activities, as mentioned above, on a relative short notice and at a senior level.
Your senior advisory skills and ability to shape (data-centric) projects to contribute to strategic challenges is key, your knowledge on doing that through BI and data management very much desired.
Main criterion is that you are capable of self-organizing that process and that you take control, to develop as quick as possible, to be the strategic sparring partner to the Board for data management and BI. Your direct report will be the director of IEC.
• You have experience in developing and coordinating processes of change, that take place in a complex environment of internal and external player witha variety of environmental factors (financial-economical, social, political);
• You have knowledge of and experience with data management and BI in a complex organization, or you are capable of gathering this expertise real fast, and you put this to work to let TU/e grow in data maturity;
• You have a strong personality and you know how to give your opinion on a non-defensive manner;
• You are good in detecting (possible) issues and problems. Recognizing of the most important driving forces of your interlocutors, and you are fast in connecting the dots based on the information you get. You shift gear rapidly, uncover possible causes and look outside the usual paths to find solutions to help your counterpart as well as the TU/e as a whole. These can be organizational-, process or technical solutions;
• You take along in others in your story by nature, are focussed on cooperation and know well how to balance between those two;
• You have broad experience in developing strategic vision and the associated alignment of complex and sensitive matters in direct contact with C-level staff;
• You have an academic degree;
• You have a perfect understanding of the Dutch & English language, both verbal and written.
Organisation & departement
The Technical University offers initially a contract for 1 year, with the intention to convert the contract for an indefinite period. This is a full-time position (38 hours per week). In addition to a package of excellent primary (maximum € 6,133 gross per month) and benefits. You will have the space to work and grow within a professional department.
• A team in which professionalism in learning and development is key;
• The salary is in accordance with the Collective Labor Agreement of the Dutch Universities and depending on education and work experience, salary scale 12 - 13 with a minimum of €4,406,= and a maximum of €6,133,= (CAO-NU);
• Additionally, an annual holiday allowance of 8% of the yearly salary, plus a year-end allowance of 8.3% of the annual salary;
• Excellent on-campus children day care and sports facilities;
• Working at an inspiring campus where we work for the benefit of humanity.
The Technical University is assisted in the recruitment and selection by the office of Aardoom & de Jong. A reference check and diploma check are part of this procedure, an assessment can also be part of this. You can apply via the apply button below / the website of Aardoom & de Jong
We look forward to receiving your response, including a motivation letter and CV, as soon as possible, but no later than June 15 2020.
3581 CZ UTRECHT
Ter Pelkwijkpark 18
8011 SH ZWOLLE